Thursday, February 5, 2009

One Year Older




In case your wondering, yes, I'm still alive. I just can't seem to keep up with things. However, I couldn't let today pass without posting to say Happy Birthday to Derek. I completely lucked out when I married him. He is such a hard-worker, great provider, and fun dad to our kids. He rarely misses a game, a dance competition, or an orchestra/piano recital. I can't imagine my life without him. He is always there to help me whether it's with our kids, videotaping one of my music programs, or just to bring me a much-needed, cold Diet Coke on a Friday afternoon. (I teach about 420 students every week.) Derek, I love you, have a great 34th birthday. Oh, and did I mention he is the strongest person I know! (ha, ha)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Aww...what a great post. Happy Birthday to Derek...you old man! Jeremy's b-day was yesterday. I didn't remember their b-days being so close. Jen, it sounds like you are super busy...you need a massage or some yoga or something. Although I think Diet Coke works, too. ;D
I didn't realize McKell was so close in age to Cole either. Time flies and we're getting old. We definitely need to catch up to you guys the next time we make it to UT. :D

Allison Holt said...

DEREK... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it was a great day for ya... Jen I'm glad you finally updated I was a little worried about your blogging:)

Adam and Aubrey said...

Wow. Happy birthday to that strong old man! Looks the EXACT same as the day you married him. . . or something. . .

Trish said...

Derek, we love you too! I wish you were close enough to bring me a cold diet coke on Fridays also. Thanks for being the greatest brother, brother-in-law, uncle and friend a family could ask for. You are the strongest person I know too...shhh, don't tell Destry!

Jensens said...

Happy Birthday Derek
I remember February 5th 34 years ago! i adored you then and I still do! You are good and kind and wonderful and this aunt loves her nephew. No wonder you are so great-I helped raise you!!!