Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The End and The Beginning

The Ending:
Last week was the end of Braxton's football season. It has been a different year, our team hasn't been great. We ended the season winning only 1 game which is pretty sad. However, Braxton (#85) played well and had lots of playing time. Better luck next year.





The Beginning:

Also, last week Braxton was asked on his first date. He was asked to the girl's choice, Blackout dance, in November. The girl brought over a pumpkin and left it on the door step with a cute poem about carving a smile on the pumpkin if he could go to the dance and a frown if he couldn't. Braxton carved a smile and wrote a poem and took it back to her porch. I can't believe he is old enough to date. So many new experiences with the dating and driving stuff.

Although it is getting easier, I have had a hard time letting go. Braxton has a history of forgetting things. I can't count the number of jackets he has lost or how many times he has forgotten his backpack at various places and yet I let him leave for school driving a car. After I had told these things to a woman in my neighborhood she patted my shoulder and said, "well a car is a lot bigger than a backpack or a jacket, so maybe he will remember to bring it home." I hope so:) I guess I will have to get used to all the changes. One thing I know for sure - I'm getting old!

3 comments:

The Taylor's said...

AHH! E-mitter is old enough to date? Where has the time gone? That is a way cute idea of how to ask someone to the dance. What was the poem he (or you) wrote back? Does the girl have buck teeth or he just added it to the pumpkin? Ha, Ha- let's hope not! Now..would this be a girlfriend or a friend that's a girl?

Arfmann Family said...

Lauren coincidentally chose to do a peace sign on her pumpkin too. I'll get my Halloween post done, and you can see all the kid's stuff. Hope Brax had fun at the dance.

Allison Holt said...

Oh BO BO... He has gone from "turn the light on" to going on a date!!! ha ha I want to know what the poem said as well!