Monday, May 10, 2010

A Few Things . . .


Now, I'm no Julie Andrews, but I thought this was just too cute. For teacher appreciation at the school a mom decorated my door with this poster. I thought she did a great job. Some of my younger students who are not familiar with "The Sound of Music" asked why I was dressed like a maid and others thought it was a picture of me getting married. I love my job:)


My Spring Program is also over and was great. McKell sang in a trio with Erika and Berkley in the program. She has such a cute voice. She also just sang a duet for Mother's Day at church. I'm glad she is developing a love for singing and music.

I went to Women's Conference with my mom, 5 sisters, and 1 sister-in-law. We had a great time going to the classes, staying up late, chatting, and shopping. My sister's suburban was so packed for the ride home there was hardly a place to sit. Great memories!

And last, but not least, check out my new bike that I got spoiled with for Mother's Day. I fell in love with it at the store and luckily my sweet husband bought it. I hope the weather warms up so McKell and I can ride to school before summer break.

10 comments:

Arfmann Family said...

Fun post. I love the door, what a cute idea. I love creative people. Good thing God made us all different. Hope you had a good mother's day and the bike is really cute and I hope you'll get to enjoy it soon. I'm sure Brax will let you try it out on his paper route any morning! :) I loved hanging with everyone at women's conference and can't wait til it's time to do it again.

Jill said...

That door is so cute. We love the Sound of Music. I am totally jealous of your bike. I love cruisers!

Kristin said...

oh...I love your new ride! :)

Adam and Aubrey said...

I'm totally jealous of your bike! That looks awesome and so fun! I need a bike.

I love your door. Kids need to watch more musicals apparently!

Nan said...

I see Brittney riding her cruiser bike. You can ride together. I love those bikes. I agree, that teacher appreciation door was adorable.

Allison Holt said...

I want that bike.... it was so freaking cute!!!!! I also loved women's conference, I don't really love the pic of me... It was really fun though... The door is super cute!!!!

Kristie Lemons said...

I love the door and I also loved womens conference. Sounds like I wouldn't have fit on the way home.

Trish said...

That poster is the cutest! I am glad your program went well. I hope to see you soon.

Brittney said...

Love the bike and the door! You guys are so busy, with such fun things! I am so jealous you went to the womens conference I thought about going but it was at the same time that Micah was gone for business. But looks like so much fun, hearing great talks and chatting are the best!

Brittney said...

CUUUUUUTE cruiser!!!!!! love. LOVE IT. derek, nicely done.