Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hollywood Vibe

It's that time of year again - dance competition season and McKell LOVES IT! And, who am I kidding, so do I:) In the middle of March she went to "Hollywood Vibe" her first dance convention in Ogden. She had a great time taking classes from the best. I got to go along and just loved it and thought it was such a great experience for her.

Here was most of our little group of 5th and 6th graders. This was after the first night. They were pretty worn out.

Back at it again the next day - just stretching getting ready to dance.

One of the highlights was taking class from Ade (from "So You Think You Can Dance") pictured above. They also had classes in tap, lyrical, ballet, jazz, and hip hop with the teachers pictured below.



And this last picture below is at the first competition of the season. It is her favorite competitive number this year, it is a dance with 6 girls to "Shake it Up." This dance got a platinum (the highest) that day. She has also decided that she doesn't like wearing her glasses to dance this year so it is harder for me to spot her on the floor. She is darling either way.
Meg, Emme, McKell

4 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun. I hope Ella wants to dance some day. :) You need to post a video clip of McKell!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Geez she's the cutest! I wish I had learned to dance, like real dancing. haha. I want to see that girl dance!

Nan said...

We need a ward talent show. She'd be the #1 act.

Brittney said...

She is the cutest! What a cool thing she got to do! And I gotta say I am super jealous she met Ade from So you think you can dance! I LOVED him... and I am a little addicted to that show!

If she ever has a competition in SLC let me know I would love to come watch!