Friday, July 15, 2011

Our Fabulous Fourth of July

We started our celebration by roasting hot dogs for dinner and s'mores for dessert. It was fun and yummy, even though I cooked my hot dog in the house (because I don't like any black on my hot dog) and I don't like marshmallows so while everyone else eats s'mores, I eat a Hershey bar - or two:)
Derek claims he was roasting the best marshmallows - I guess I will believe him since I won't taste them.
Preslie and Halle are ready to roast their dinner.

The kids played some games, not sure what but apparently McKell and Lauren were in charge.

The guys played basketball. I think it was the old guys versus the young guys. I think I heard that the old guys won.

Hollie painted fingernails and toenails.
This has become a fun tradition in our family of girls. She even painted fireworks on McKell's toenails which were so cute.
On the morning of the 4th we went to the parade.
We watched our favorite BHS Honeybee - Haylie!
We had the Price reunion at my parents that afternoon. Here is Fred, John, Bobbie and Dad - according to the kids these guys are the "real" Price's.

It was a fun water party.


That night we did sparklers while we waited for the fireworks to start.

The fireworks were great and we found a great, new place (thanks Michelle) to watch them.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Wow, your 4th of July makes mine seem boring. Fun fun fun. Where is BHS?

Jennifer said...

BHS is Bonneville High School, it is in Idaho Falls and my niece is on the dance team there.