Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Fun

I can't believe it is already August. Summer has been so much fun. Although both my kids say they are ready for school to start, I am so not ready to go back to work. Here are a couple of things that have happened this summer.

Ross Park:
Every year we meet up with my mom and sisters at this fun water park in Pocatello.

Braxton and Ryan floating in the lazy river.

Haylie in the lazy river.

The girls had so much fun - McKell didn't want to leave.

Payton and Halle looked so cute in their swim caps. It was such a fun, relaxing day.

Food Funatics:
This was a summer camp that McKell participated in. She had a blast. They made a cookbook and learned to cook lots of fun recipes. She has made many of the things at home for us and they are good. I am so proud of her.

The best part of the camp was that some of her fun friends were in it also. Berkley, Heather, McKell, Sydnee, and Cambrie loved going each day and they even went on a few field trips too.

Here she is with a caramel. They learned an easy and yummy recipe for caramels. We have made them at home a few times and everyone loves them. McKell does such a good job wrapping them. Other things she has made are: Spicy Oven French Fries, Cheddar Chowder, and Potato Pizza Wedges.

Every time she has a friend over they want to make something. McKell and Meg decided to make cookies but they really only wanted to eat the dough with no chocolate chips. Silly girls:)

3 comments:

Nan said...

Mindy went to school in Pocatello and I never heard of the water park. It looks so much fun! I may have to try it out some time.

Kristin said...

Wish I would have learned to cook that young. ;) Poor Jeremy.

JoLynn said...

It was fun to read about Ross Park. I grew up going to Ross Park with my sister. We loved it! So sad summer is coming to an end :( I can't believe Braxton is ready for school to start. What planet is that teenage boy from?