Monday, May 11, 2009

Anniversary

Tomorrow is my one-year anniversary of joining CrossFit (http://www.crossfitcachevalley.com). Besides my marriage, I think that CF is the only thing I have consistently stuck with for so long. I have pretty much gone to CF three to four times a week, starting May 12 of last year. Here are some random thoughts/memories of CF.

My first WOD (workout of the day): Newbie
3 rounds of 10 pushups, 15 pullups, & 20 situps

Todays WOD:
5 rounds of 400 meter run, 7 kettlebell thrusters (35#), 14 pullups, & 7 burpees

My favorite WOD: Murph
1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, & 1 mile run

My least favorite WOD: Fran
21 - 15 - 9 reps of thrusters (95#) & pullups

My favorite CF people: Dean and the original 4 PM class members
Least favorite CF person: I call him 'Grunt'

Number of people I have taken to CF: 7 (including Destry)
Number that still go to CF: 1 (yes, a little disheartening)

Longest WOD: Murph - 1 hour, 1 minute
Shortest WOD: Baseline - 4 minutes

First goal - be able to do eight pushups in a row, I did 25 in a row today
Latest goal - ten double unders in a row, I struggle to do two in row (lots of work to do)

Number of people in the 4 PM class on my first day: 1 (me)
Number of people in the 4 PM class today: 22

Number of CF t-shirts I have: 4
Number of weeks I wore only CF t-shirts to work: 1

It has been a great year. I look forward to the WOD tomorrow and those of the next year. A big thanks to Brad (the trainer/owner) for bringing CF to Logan and inspiring me, along with over 100 others, to change their lives.

2 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Way to go Derek.... I wish I lived closer so I could join crossfit.... It sounds like something I would like!

Kristie Lemons said...

Good Job Derek. You have come along way in 1 year.