Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Year Ago

Up until today, November 2009, has been an exact repeat of November 2008. The month of November starts with me in full-out panic mode. I am frantically teaching every child in K-5th grade multiple Christmas songs for our holiday program in December. I am writing the program and thinking of any way possible to get the kids to memorize all the words to these songs. Also, as part of my job, I have to help with our school Art program. So, now November means thinking of a theme for a Christmas tree, purchasing all the supplies for the kids to make ornaments, putting up a tree and getting it decorated. And also last November when I was just so busy I couldn't do one more thing, I left for a weekend to judge a dance/drill competition in Pocatello. I also did this again last weekend. With all the school stuff I am also planning a Christmas dinner/activity for the sisters in my ward (Did this last year too.) I also have the same hacking cough and sore throat, just like last year. This month has been identical to last November until today. Today I went to work, took McKell to piano lessons and gymnastics, just everyday stuff.
Last year on November 19, I boarded a plane about 8:00 a.m. and 14 hours later ended up in Israel. I have been thinking a lot about this trip this month and what an amazing time that we had. Derek and I went with my parents and siblings for 10 days and had the time of our lives.
So last November I was sailing across the Sea of Galilee (Derek's favorite part of the trip)




Walking along a street where they say Jesus carried his cross to be crucified
(my favorite part of the trip)

Floating in the Dead Sea


Singing Christmas carols in the Shepherds' fields


Attending a baptism at the River Jordan


Strolling through the Garden of Gethsemane


Touring Jesus' tomb



And mainly enjoying my family in Jerusalem

Like I said a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. These are a very few of the pictures (I took around 500) that I have. It would be great to be there again right now. Thanks to my parents who took us on this amazing journey.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow...what an amzing trip you had last year. Your life sounds chaotic and crazy right now...and exhausting. When will it slow down? :) Loved seeing what you all have been up to. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

The Taylor's said...

I'm sad that we had to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. Seems like everyone had a really good experience. But..at the time, it seemed like the least important thing all things considered.

Kristie Lemons said...

I was also thinking about our trip this month. We did have a great time. Something we will probly never forget. I wish we would of went somewhere this year. I am glad your coming for Thanksgiving.

Allison Holt said...

Thomas and I were talking about that yesterday... We also had a great time on the trip. We were bummed when we realized we weren't going anywhere this year! I'm excited to see everyone for Thanksgiving!!! If you need me to help you with anything let me know!

Arfmann Family said...

Thanks for the fun look at the memories. I have yet to blog about our time and experience there, but it was pretty awesome. If you change your mind and want to come somewhere warm for Thanksgiving, we're always up for company, and I'm cooking this year.

Adam and Aubrey said...

I have never seen any of your pictures before. I love them! I miss the time I was able to be with your kids. I really miss them a lot.

Jill said...

I loved my visit to the Holy Land as well. So many wonderful and interesting things to see. It is so cool that you got to see all that with your family. You will never forget it.

Brittney said...

I loved to see your pics, what an amazing trip! That was so awesome of your parents! And good luck with all the chaos, of this month and next, I hope it all goes ok.

Trish said...

These pictures are awesome! I am sure that was an amazing experience. One you will never forget. can't wait to see you next week!!