Thursday, July 8, 2010

Celebrating July Fourth

I love the 4th of July. We had a great time celebrating. We started our weekend by heading to West Yellowstone to see "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." It was fabulous.

Friday night the adults went to the temple and then back to Natalie's for pizza and root beer floats.
Saturday was the parade. It was freezing - I guess that is how Idaho weather is. The parade was pretty uneventful this year. The only highlight was watching Haylie with the drill team.

After lunch we headed out for some fun - go carts, rock climbing and bounce houses. Everyone had a great time.

McKell

Braxton

Derek

McKell

Braxton

Then off to the fireworks. We found a great place to sit - we could see, smell, hear and feel the fireworks as they went off.
Our weekend ended with an extended family reunion. It was great catching up with cousins I haven't seen in a while. McKell got to run the pop toss and help with the raffle.


I love being a part of this wonderful family.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

look at your family! so awesome. i love the 4th. and easy on you guys doing about a billion fun things. are there go-carts in logan? because carson seriously wants to do that, but i don't know where/if it can be done nearby.

Allison Holt said...

It was a good weekend... I also LOVE the 4th!

Adam and Aubrey said...

That is a huge family! I love it! I'm so jealous of 7 brides for 7 brothers! I have always LOVED that movie! Looks like a blast.

Kristin said...

whoa...now that's a family! The go cart riding looks so fun. :)

Jill said...

I thought the Playmill was so incredibly fun! We need to start a Cook reunion for those of us who still like to see each other.

Michelle said...

I laoughed when I read your friends comments that we had a huge family. What would it look like if the other 7 siblings decided to show up? It was good to see you. If you and McKell decide to get Hogle Zoo in, call me. Maybe Payton and I could meet you for that one.