Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had a fun Valentine's Day. Last week in class McKell made this huge envelope to collect her Valentine's. It was so cute. She also got to get dressed up and go to the "Manners Tea" a tradition at our elementary school.

The minute we got in the house after school she dumped her envelope to look through and read all the valentine's from her class. She got quite the haul, her class has 35 kids in it.

With Valentine's Day on a Monday, I decided to do something different. Derek and I had already went out over the weekend so we had a dinner at home for the four of us. McKell helped me decorate after school. And the roses in the middle were my Valentine's gift from Derek that were delivered to me at work today. I love them:) The dinner was yummy (takeout from Chili's).
Of course, we ended with chocolates and treats.

3 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh man. I miss valentine's day in elementary school SO MUCH. I use to look forward to making my shoebox all amazing with tinfoil and everything pink. haha. We had a family dinner night too! I sure love you guys!

Arfmann Family said...

Where is Braxton for the pictures? He was probably off with his Valentine, Ryan. Ha ha. See you guys soon!

JoLynn said...

I remember when Katie was McKell's age and loved getting elementary school Valentines. Be warned she is going to grow up fast. I miss those days!!