Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Memorial Day

I am so behind and want to finish all of our May happenings before I can move onto June and then July.
We spent Memorial Weekend in Idaho, as usual. Derek and my dad put up the big flag out front.

As you can see, they had lots of help raising the flag. All the kids wanted a turn to help pull the rope.
It is always a highlight to see the Veteran's do their little program at the cemetery.

We got to see a lot of my cousins and their kids at the cemetery.

And spend time with our immediate family - McKell, Olivia, Raegan, and Matt

Braxton and Haylie

A few other highlights from the weekend: Eating tacos from a taco truck, although this may sound strange the food is really good from this dumpy truck that sells food from the side of the road and Derek won't leave Idaho to come home until he has had a few.
And as always - the hot tub. The kids could spend hours in here, playing and chatting. Good times:)

1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness, the sunbather in the back of the hot tub is cracking me up! So funny! Taco truck... sounds risky! haha. Looks like a blast!