Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Last First Day

I can't believe it, but Braxton started his senior year of high school. I can't believe he will soon be done. He has fairly easy classes this year and is enjoying every moment of his last year. The picture above completes his first day of school pictures and I am sure he is glad since he will hardly stop long enough for me to snap the photo.

First day of 11th Grade

First day of 10th Grade
First day of high school (9th Grade) - the sad thing is that this doesn't seem like that long ago. I still remember driving him to the high school that morning.

First day of 8th Grade

First day of 7th Grade

First day of 6th Grade

First day of 5th Grade

First day of 4th Grade - I am glad that Janae (my friend) had taken this photo because it is the only one I have of Braxton on the first day. I love that Braxton and Corey were wearing the same shirt. It wasn't a planned thing.

First day of 3rd Grade

First day of 2nd Grade

First day of 1st Grade - I am somewhat surprised that he has a Pokemon backpack. He was really into Pokemon, but I have never really let my kids get character things, like shirts and backpacks. He must have really begged:)


First day of Kindergarten - Braxton was so excited to go to Kindergarten and he was so ready, he could already read. I will never forget dropping him off that first day at Hillcrest. He was our only child at this point and it was a HUGE thing for me.

And finally his first day of Preschool - I can't believe how fast time goes!

6 comments:

Nan said...

What a handsome young man Braxton has grown into. I love all the 1st day pics. You are a good momma!

Allison Holt said...

I freaking love Brax.... My favorite picture is his preschool one... Little Joe Joe! I hope he has a blast his Senior year! "Give L!"

Adam and Aubrey said...

This post really makes me quite emotional. (as does anything lately) But wow. Your little boy grew up so fast. And I absolutely LOVE all the first days. That's awesome. Really.

ps, thanks for the call. It really means a lot to me. I sure love ya.

JoLynn said...

Great post! He is such a cute kid. I remember some of those ages with Braxton and can't believe he will soon graduate. It's upward and onward from here. He lucky to have you for his mom.

Brittney said...

OH My word! So sweet- Aub warned me that your post was a tear jerker and she was right! What a fun thing to see every first day of school- I love that. You have inspired me to do that- but I am already behind since I didn't take one this year. Luckily it was only preschool.

Can't believe he is a senior!

Arfmann Family said...

That almost made me cry. Way cute post. I don't want him to grow up!