Friday, August 22, 2008

"Give 'Em L"

Excuse the profanity in the title, but this is a slogan for the high school. They actually have T-shirts with this slogan on it that the students wear. I don't love it, but it seemed appropriate for this post as Braxton started high school this week as a Freshman. I can't believe it either. It seems like only yesterday that Braxton was that crazy, busy two-year-old that would not leave my side. He wanted me to hold him ALL the time even after he was way too big and heavy for me to pack around. He hated to sleep without the light on all night and he wouldn't let me out of his sight.

Well, he has completely grown out of that stage. Now, he wants me to be as far away as possible. I probably couldn't pick him up if I tried and he shuts his bedroom door tight every night because it is so "annoying that McKell has to sleep with the hall light on." He now wants to be out of my sight, at least most of the time. He is just starting Driver's Ed (scary, huh?) so he still needs me to drive him to school, practices, movies and anywhere else he and his friends can think of. But, it is official - I now have a high school student. It makes me feel old.


This is Braxton on his first day of high school. He fought me on taking the picture. He said it was stupid. I said that I have taken a "first day picture" since he started pre-school at age 3 and I wasn't stopping now just because he was in high school. He reluctantly agreed to pose for the picture. Doesn't he look so excited?? Here are some stats on Brax:

Height: 5 foot, 8 inches; Weight: 130 pounds; Shoe Size: 10.5; Classes: Biology, Geography, Driver's Ed, Seminary, English, Spanish; Favorite Sports: Football, Soccer; Favorite Sports Team: San Diego Chargers

He actually was really excited to start 9th grade and can't wait to play in his first official football game next Thursday. I have been driving him to football practice at the high school since the first of August and it hasn't seemed strange. But, it was crazy dropping him off on the first day of school. It is hard to be sad because he just couldn't wait. Braxton, I am so proud of you and I hope this year you do your best and "Give 'Em L."

3 comments:

Jensens said...

I found your blog!
I am excited to keep up with your family this way. We need to get together more often.

Adam and Aubrey said...

I so love Braxton. He's a nut. And talk about a loyal Logan-ite! Yikes! I am so excited about your blogging. I will be stalking you daily. Ha ha! But seriously. I will. I am terrified that he is taking Drivers Ed. I will no longer be driving or walking near streets. Kiddig. Kinda.

Allison Holt said...

Jen,
I'm happy to see you started a blog finally!!!! It's crazy that brax is that old... I'll have you know I was laughing out loud by myself when I read the part about him not sleeping in the dark, all I could think of was "eeh turn the light on turn the light on!!"" Ha ha Love you guys:)