Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year


I love, love, love the holidays. I love the decorations, the lights, Christmas trees, shopping, holiday parties, Christmas songs, just everything about Christmas time. So much has been happening. Derek's family had their Christmas party last weekend at a beautiful cabin in Ashton. It had lots of fun things to do. The little kids spent most of their time sitting in the hot tub.



Braxton spent a lot of his time playing ping pong. He had lots of fun.



Our trip was cut a little short because we were worried about the
weather and came home to lots of snow.




December is a month of multiple performances. McKell played her violin with the school orchestra and also had a piano recital this week. This is her practicing right before we left for the recital. She did a fabulous job.

This is McKell and some of her friends right after the Christmas Music program (my program) at the school. It is finally over - I am so glad! All the kids did such a great job. It is so much work, but so thrilling to watch the kids perform and sing loud and know all the words to every song. A huge payoff for me. I seriously love my job. Also, it is a great perk to be the music teacher and have a front row seat to watch McKell sing. Now, I can finally finish the last of my shopping.

4 comments:

Kristie Lemons said...

sounds like your program went good. I'll be glad when you guys get here. Looks like you had a fun party at the cabin. It's always nice to go on a get away.

Allison Holt said...

I'm glad your program is over because it was consuming your life! Your tree looks cute!

Brittney said...

Yay for your program! And your tree looks way cute! but not surprised you have great style! And the Pinnock Christmas party sounds like fun, the hot tub in the snow is what I want to do!

Arfmann Family said...

Can't wait to see ya'll!
I updated my blog, so check it out!