Monday, January 25, 2010

Top 9 of 2009

I realize we have been in 2010 for almost a month but I have wanted to do a quick recap 2009. Here it is (in no particular order):




1. Derek said 2009 was the year of projects. We had a huge tree taken out of our backyard, got a new roof, and buried the trampoline. We also painted a bedroom and bathroom downstairs for Braxton (thanks Hollie.)





2. Braxton had a big year - he turned 16, started driving and dating. This has also been a big thing for me as I have had a hard time letting go. It is slowly getting easier.





3. Got a new car. Finally, after 13 years of the Honda we moved onto something bigger.




4. Took a fun family vacation to Yellowstone Park and Jackson.




5. Derek ran a 5K and beat his previous time by 1 minute.





6. McKell turned 9, danced, spent a lot of time with friends, danced, got and survived the swine flu, and danced. Busy year for her.





7. Spent many holidays with my family: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas



8. My dad survived a serious motorcycle accident and multiple injuries. We are so blessed that slowly he has made a full recovery. He and my mom also celebrated 40 years of marriage.


9. Last, I had 3 (Spring, Veteran's Day, and Christmas) successful music programs and wrote and got a grant funded for my classroom.


Overall, 2009, was a great year. I am looking forward to a busy, fun, and probably sometimes stressful 2010.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow you have had a fun eventful year! I still can't believe Braxton is dating and driving!

Nan said...

You had a great year! I can relate to the 16 driving and dating thing. I'm not sure I like it.

Allison Holt said...

What a fun year!!! I still need to get you your watch face... Do you want me to send it?

Adam and Aubrey said...

I really want to come jump on your trampoline. It just looks like 10 times the fun with it in the ground! What a fun year. I'm glad your dad survived his horrific accident, I've been wondering how he was doing.