Thursday, June 17, 2010

Young Men's Trip to Idaho

Last week I took some of the boys from our Young Mens to Idaho for little trip.

Monday we drove to Rexburg and cleaned out a shed (a whole dump truck of junk) for a lady in my parents ward. It was great to have my Dad there and the boys really did a good job. After we went to the sand hills and had a great time.

A friend of our family growing up came and scared us to death on his dune buggy. I think I found what I want for Father's Day.


We were supposed to climb Table Rock on Tuesday but we found out Tuesday morning at 8 AM that the trail was closed due to snow and mud - suddenly my plans were out the window. We improvised with a visit to the Craters of the Moon Park. We explored the lava tube caves and enjoyed the 'beautiful' scenery.


After we toured a decommissioned nuclear power plant by the Idaho National Laboratory. We spent the evening having a barbecue, making smores, and watching a movie.

Wednesday morning we had a big breakfast and then had a devotional at the temple. My brother-in-law, Greg, joined us - we talked to the boys about missions and saw some pictures taken by the Hubble telescope on display at the Idaho Falls visitor center.

Most young mens groups would have called this their summer high adventure - but since we slept in beds, hiked on paved trails, watched movies, and had Jen make and clean up our meals, I hesitate - but we sure had a great time.

2 comments:

Allison Holt said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Nan said...

And I will thank you again. My boys, big and little, had a fabulous time.