Monday, August 16, 2010

Squeezing It All In

The end of summer has come way too fast. At the beginning of August, I realized there were still multiple things that I wanted our family to do so I started planning and luckily we squeezed all of the activities in, and just in time.
Jackson Hole
This is such a fun kids pool that we discovered last year. We packed up for a day trip and lots of family joined us.

The fabulous four - these four were all born in the same year just a few months apart and have been best buddies. I have loved watching these 4 grow up.

The teenage crew

The slide was a huge hit.


The big kids spent a few hours in a pool by themselves playing volleyball.


My parents have recently acquired a cabin near Jackson so we went to take a look around. The kids had a great time running around on the deck - I can't wait to stay there.


Drive-In Movie


We had to hit the drive-in while we were in Idaho Falls so McKell could mark it off her list.

Bear Lake
McKell went to Bear Lake with Sydnee one morning and Derek and I drove down later that afternoon and picked her up. She had so much fun playing in the water. It is so beautiful there. We shopped a little and went to dinner. This will be on my list next summer. I am wanting to go stay for a few days. Again , so beautiful and relaxing.




Rock Haus
The last item to be completed on the summer "to do" list. We just finished tonight and school starts Wednesday. It really has taken us all summer to finish all the tasks but it has been so much fun. We will be making a list next summer for sure - it has kept us on the go but allowed us to spend time together as a family and make so many wonderful memories so it was completely worth it.

These 3 rocked the Rock Haus. It is a lot more complicated than we thought - but fun.

Derek


McKell



Braxton

5 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Looks like fun! I really want to go to the Jackson pool and the cabin... Maybe next year. That Rock climbing looks totally fun!

Nan said...

Wow, wait to squeeze it all in! You've sure had a great summer. Now it's time to plan our service auction.

Brittney said...

Wow you squeezed in quite a bit! I am super jealous! We didn't get half of our summer list done! Looks like a blast!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I cannot believe everything that you guys have done! I should really make a list too, I think I'd do a lot more if I did. Looks super fun!

Jill said...

Our summer ended too soon as well. That Rock Haus looks like a challenge. Great job on finishing your list!