Monday, August 9, 2010

TeA pArTy


My mom and I hosted a fabulous tea party for all the girls in our family. I belong to a family of 6 sisters, 1 sister-in-law, and 12 granddaughters, so it is about time we got dressed up and had a party. It was lots of fun and hopefully a lasting memory for our girls.


Grandma gave a short lesson on manners and etiquette before we began.


Each mom served her daughter. We served sandwiches, jello, fruit kabobs, and lots of yummy chocolate treats. A few of my nieces were nervous about coming because they didn't want to drink tea. They were relieved when I told them our tea was either strawberry lemonade or chocolate milk.


Even our youngest guests sat politely and ate.

My two oldest nieces were great sports and hopefully had fun - they got to sit at the adult table. Notice their cute hairpieces - my sister-in-law, Tasha, is a photographer and brought all the cute table cloths, table decorations, colorful little chairs and fancy hair things for all of us.


McKell had lots of fun. She loves to get dressed up. She borrowed this tutu from Tasha and fell in love with this hot pink feathered tiara. She looked adorable.

Everyone had a grand time and my mom sent every family home with a little tea set to remember this day. We missed Stacey and Allison, we may just have to do another one when they are both in town.

6 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Looks like a fun time... I'm sad I missed it! Everyone looks dang cute!

Adam and Aubrey said...

WOW. I am so jealous! That looks like such a blast! I want one of those dang headbands! LOVE them!

Brittney said...

That is such a way fun thing to do! I love the tea party idea, that looks like so much fun! A great tradition for a female dominated family!! Love it! And Mckell looks adorable!

So one of these times we are in Logan we will have to play the Quelf game with you guys. We get kinda crazy though!

Delores said...

Perfect idea for such a girl family. It will be a lasting memory. You can never do too much with the kids. Go grandma!!!!!!

Kristin said...

How fun...you and your family are so creative! Wish we had that many girls in our family. :) I suppose I could coordinate a hunting and fishing party...hmmm...probably not! ;)

Arfmann Family said...

Fun day that day. We should do it again when everyone is around.