Monday, December 20, 2010

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time

I love this time of year. The colors, lights, music, everything. It is my favorite time of the year. We have had lots of fun celebrating.

We went to Salt Lake to see the lights with Allison and Thomas, Greg, Tasha, and their girls, and Jay and Hollie and their girls. I have such a wonderful family and love spending the holidays with them.

We were able to wear our Christmas pajamas to school for our school music assembly. A fun tradition. The program (my program) was fun and fabulous and best of all - OVER:)

McKell played in her Christmas piano recital.

We had a girls night out and put on our best or worst Christmas sweaters and exchanged gifts. It was fabulous (thanks Amanda, our marvelous hostess). There was great food, great conversation, and great fun. Love this group of ladies that live in my neighborhood.



But, most of all I have been thinking about why we really celebrate. Whenever I think of this, I am reminded of the time I spent in Bethlehem. I took these pictures 2 years ago at Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. The star pictured above is the spot where it is said that baby Jesus was born and laid in a manger. It feels almost unreal to think that I have been to the place where Jesus was born so long ago. I am so thankful for my Savior and for the many blessings and wonderful things in my life. I feel extremely lucky. Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this time of year, too. :)
We are going to UT after Christmas this year. It's always so rushed when we go. One of these times we are going to have to see you guys. :)
Can you send me your address for a Christmas card? khansen@uidaho.edu

Allison Holt said...

Loved seeing you guys! I also Love this time of year! It's crazy to think that it was 2 years ago we where in Bethlehem. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I'm glad your music program went well! I'm sure it was really good! I love the pajamas at school. That rocks. Merry Christmas to you guys! we love you all!

Brittney said...

I loved the pictures you added of Bethlehem what an awesome experience to have had.
Glad your program went well! I bet you do an awesome job!
Have a Merry Christmas!