Monday, August 3, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye

It is finally time to say farewell to my Honda. I've driven this car for 13 years. With 198,000 miles, it has been with me for a good part of my adult life. We drove it all the way through college and beyond. Derek drove me to the hospital in it when I was having McKell and I seriously almost had to lay on the horn outside of our apartment building to get him to come out because he couldn't find a hat and he didn't have time to comb his hair. What?? I have driven it to hundreds of games, practices, dance and music lessons. I can't even count the times it has been driven to Idaho and back to visit family. We've now moved on to bigger and better.

I have liked this Ford Explorer more than I thought and it seats 7. So, call me if you need a ride.

P.S. I couldn't really part with the Honda. Right now it is safely parked in my parents garage waiting to come home for when we have 3 drivers - in 53 days - YIKES!

6 comments:

Allison Holt said...

Oh the old Honda's never let you down do they?.... I love the new car! I can't believe Brax is going to drive!

The Taylor's said...

True what they say- those Honda's never loose their value. Hard to part with them. But...it was time.

Brittney said...

Congrats on a new vehicle looks great! And I can't believe Braxton is going to be driving soon! So crazy! Good luck to you guys!

Jensens said...

Congrats on the new vehicle!
Let's see if it knows the way to Richmond so you can come see us!!

Kristin said...

Those Hondas will go forever. Jeremy parted with his last year...but it was still running.

We remmeber you waiting for Derek in that car when you went into labor with McKell! Too funny!

Jennifer said...

It has always stuck me as strange that the three seconds I took to get dressed and meet Jen in the car seemed like three hours to Jen. However, as she pointed out, I have never been in labor. Derek