Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tree - Hater

I guess I will admit it - I am pretty much a tree-hater. I wish that my yard was just full of grass and flowers, and had no trees. I think I feel this way because we have tons of trees that are all way too big and overgrown. In fact, we have had the biggest tree in the neighborhood in our backyard. It finally came down about 2 weeks ago - and I am so glad it did. It completely ruined our yard. It ended up being a much bigger project than anyone expected.

Here is the tree towering over our house.

First, Vini (the tree arborist), went up in this bucket and cut a bunch of branches.

For the branches over our house and our neighbors houses they had to use a crane and lower all the branches down. It was a pretty scary thing to watch.

Lots of branches and leaves to clean up.

After they got all the leaves and branches and everything off, they finally cut the tree down.

It seemed like it took forever for it to fall over. McKell said she felt like we were in an earthquake because it shook the ground when it fell. The trunk was about 5 feet wide and about 15 feet around. Absolutely huge. This is Vini, I think he was just as happy as I was that the tree was down.

5 comments:

Allison Holt said...

I'm so happy the tree is gone... I don't think i've been in your back yard the whole time you have lived there. Vini looks like a stud! Him and Der should be BFF's!!! Ha ha

Arfmann Family said...

Looks like a painful project. Glad Vini got'er done for you. Call me. My new phone # (temporarily until I get my 523 number working) is 208-639-9499. or I will try to call you later. I have free long distance now too. When's the first day of school?
Hollie

The Taylor's said...

Holy tree batman!

Kristie Lemons said...

wow obviously a big project! What will you do with the big tree stump and all the sunshine. I would be glad to just have a tree.

Brittney said...

haha I love that you are a tree hater! I am too, I am always so afraid they are going to fall and kill me! So I don't blame you! And that was a huge tree!