Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Braxton

This past week Braxton turned the big 15!! Where has the time gone? I really can't believe he is so old. Our little family of 4 has started some birthday traditions that we do for all of our birthdays. First, the birthday person gets to pick where our family goes to dinner. Braxton picked Iggy's and of course, had to bring a friend. The San Diego Chargers were playing, if you know Braxton you know he is a HUGE Chargers fan. Braxton and Ryan both wore Chargers' jerseys and we got a booth right in front of the TV to watch the game. All night the servers were handing out raffle tickets for a drawing that would be held at half-time. We started out with a few, but as people kept leaving they would give the boys their tickets. By half-time we had about 30 tickets. A man came out to do the drawing, there were 2 prizes, a jersey and a helmet. However, since there were so many tickets the guy pulled the first ticket and said it would only be for a free dessert or appetizer. Braxton WON!!

I always decorate my kids' doors for their birthdays and a few years ago they started decorating ours on Derek's and my birthday. McKell helped with Braxton's and she had the great idea of putting on 15 frogs and numbering them all. She is so creative!! Braxton got so many great gifts and phone calls - thanks so much to everyone. It means so much to him as well as me.

It also happened to be Homecoming Week at the high school and Braxton was in the Homecoming Parade with the football team on his birthday. We went to watch and had so much fun. He is loving high school and getting so involved which is great. He was gone every night last week to either the movie on the lawn, the powderpuff game, his game, or a party. I commented on how he was gone all week and his answer, "Mom, it is homecoming week, the biggest week of high school!" I still don't know if I am ready for this teenage thing!!

7 comments:

Allison Holt said...

ha ha Jen I can totally see Braxton saying "Mom it's the biggest week of high school.." and you really need to borrow my grey's you would love it! I hope you had a good Birthday Brax... (I know you like the blog don't lie)

Trish said...

Where has the time gone?!? Happy Birthday Brax. I can't believe he's in high school participating in homecoming week. Are we really that old? He's an awesome kid with great parents.

Adam and Aubrey said...

highschoolers rule! Happy birthday to the big guy! Seriously, it's the most important week of high school! ha ha! That cracks me up! I love the decorate a door idea!

Brittney said...

Happy birthday Braxton! And 15- wow no way! And what fun to go to Iggys and win on his birthday, sounds like a ton of fun! By the way I love the idea of decorating your kids door for their birthday so cute!

The Taylor's said...

Happy Birthday Brax! Hope that Homecoming was worth all the hype. I used to always love Homecoming week as well- especially when you love Football. That's what it's all about! Next year you'll even get to go to the big DANCE! And it is most definitely the BIGGEST DANCE of High School. Anyone who's anyone will be there. Chicks totally dig it. Ha, Ha. I still owe you a gift.

Kristie Lemons said...

Happy birthday braxton. 15 wow. seems like when your a mom only your own kids get bigger and everyone else is suppose to stay the same. Everytime you come to visit I can't believe how tall you are. I to owe you a gift. I hope you had a great birthday! Looked like a fun party. I always like the out to eat ones. love kristie

Allison Holt said...

Okay Natalie's comment was so her... and so funny....I totally "dug it!" Brax that will be fun next year as well...You'll have to give them "L"