Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Cubs Are Eagles

My first church calling when we moved to this area was a Cub Scout leader. There were three boys in my Wolf Den - Braxton, Corey, and John. It was fun to be their cub scout leader - they were excited to be new cub scouts and earned lots of arrow points and segments.

They were patient with me as I made up crazy activities each week (usually about five minutes before they got there). I was their Bear leader as well but they moved on to another leader for Webelos.

Last year Braxton earned his Eagle Award and tonight Braxton and I attended the Eagle Court of Honor for Corey and John. Now all three of my little Cub Scouts are Eagle Scouts. I am so proud.

The boys have played together on football, baseball, and soccer teams. They all currently play football for Logan High. Here is a walk down memory lane.

Braxton, John, and Corey at a pinewood derby.



Here they are leaving me and moving onto Webelos.


And here they are at Bear Lake at Scout camp last summer.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay, so that first pic is the Braxton I remember. I guess little boys grow up, huh? ;)

Brittney said...

Congrats on Braxton's eagle!! Way to go! And way cool that the other two boys got theirs as well. You are certainly influential Derek- way to go for you as well!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love all the cute pictures of them as little boys, and then the most recent one and they're all hard core! Ha ha! such boys! You really are such a good example to your kids. You guys are awesome parents!